Betting Offers, Bonuses & Free Bets
Everyone likes something for nothing, and that's what this section is all about - bonuses and free bets for placing the bets that you were going to place already. There are quite a few different types of bonus and offer, so we're going to break it down into sections starting with the best betting offers you're likely to come across - sign up bonuses.
As the name suggests these offers are only available to new customers when you sign up - they're highly lucrative and usually well worth claiming.
New Customer Betting Offers For January, 2017
Types of Offer
As a general rule of thumb introductory betting offers tend to fit into one of the following types:
- Free Bets - Nice and simple, make a deposit, place a bet and get a free one. In the beginning these tended to be matched bets, so bet £25 and you get £25 - kind of a buy one get one free model. These days the bookies have been getting more and more generous and it's not uncommon to receive a free bet much larger than the one you had to place to get it (such as bet £5 and get £20 free).
- Deposit Bonuses - Just a simple as a free bet, but works in a different way. Here your deposit is being matched with bonus cash - so if you deposit £100 you may get a £100 bonus for a total balance of £200. The nice thing about bonuses is that they are often withdrawable, but they do usually have some kind of minimum turnover requirement.
- Enhanced Odds - Instead of giving you more to bet with, enhanced odds offers boost the winnings of your first bet (or even on a series of bets). So if you bet £10 at evens and the bet wins, you actually get paid out at 3/1.
Betting Offers For Existing Customers
Up to this point we've only been discussing new customer bonuses, which can obviously only be claimed once per person - meaning that even if you signed up with every bookie on the page, you're still going to run out of them eventually.
Thankfully there are still plenty of offers to get your hands on after you've signed up including:
- Money Back Specials - Place your bet and if something specific happens you'll a little bit of insurance against your bet losing. For example, if an own goal is scored in a match, a red card is shown or the game ends goal-less. You can also get money back on losing accumulators, normally if only one leg loses.
- Free Bets & Deposit Bonuses - Free bets aren't limited to new customers, it's just that the size of the bet you receive is likely to be smaller. If you know where to look you can get usually find free in-play bets when you place a qualifying pre-match bet, free bets when you successfully pick a winning horse at specific odds and even loyalty free bets given out each week.
- Price Boosts - Like their enhanced odds counterparts, price boosts are temporary enhancements to the odds of specific bets. The boosts obviously wont be as big as the new customer ones but does offer extra value, especiallyif you were going to place that bet anyway.
- Enhanced Places - This literally can make the difference between winning and losing, and there can be a significant gap between the best and worst bookies for number of places. Some offer a massive seven places on the US Open, whilst others only offer five.
So now you know what's theoretically up for grabs, where can you find them? Many of these promotions are very short lived and emailed out to eligible accounts, so the best way to find out about them is to sign up and keep an eye on your email. There are, however, a few decent long running offers (or offer types) which we've written guides to below:
- Accumulator Insurance
- Accumulator Bonuses
- Full Cover Bet Offers
- Loyalty Offers & Free Bets
- Best Odds Guaranteed
- Free Bets For Winning Horse
- Non Runner No Bet
- First Goalscorer Offers
- Faller Insurance